Jumpstart your Franchise Business with Our Proven to Convert Franchise Marketing Services in Stokesdale
Running a successful franchise in multiple locations and optimizing each one for maximum engagement and recognition in their local markets is definitely one of the most difficult tasks for a business leaders. Yes, you should trust your franchisees to do a stellar job and manage their branches in an efficient and effective way, but only if you have done your part of the job beforehand.
So, what is your job? As a franchisor, your job is to create a strong overarching marketing strategy that will help every branch maximize its marketing potential while ensuring brand consistency every step of the way. To that end, here are the most effective ways you can create a winning franchise marketing strategy.
Is Your Franchise Marketing System Turning Profits Or Running You Out of Business?
In order to go anywhere as a franchisee, the franchisor needs to have a sturdy and effective marketing plan in place. Here are some guidelines when it comes to researching a franchisor's marketing plan:
1) Know the Basics: You should take the time to learn the basics about how franchise marketing plans work. In general, a marketing plan is a map laid out by the franchisor that dictates how business will be brought in. As a franchisee, you will contribute a set amount of money / a percentage from sales into a collective marketing plan pool controlled by the franchisor (note that other franchisees will contribute to the pool as well). Depending on your needs as a franchisee, the franchisor will dole out money from the pool that will cover such expenses as TV commercials, direct mailings to potential and existing customers, print advertisements, in-house marketing expenses and fees paid to advertising agencies for their services.
2) Know the Right Questions to Ask: To get a good idea about the durability and success of a franchise's marketing plan, ask these simple questions: Do you understand the needs and tastes of your customers? Do you know the strengths of your competitors? (If you're an active customer of the franchise you're considering buying into, these questions can be answered pretty easily).
3) Get More Information: If you are one of those potential franchisees who doesn't know much about the franchise you're thinking of buying into, you should contact the franchise and request all available public information about the marketing plan. Franchises will usually comply with this request, if only
because they see you as a prospective source of income.
4) See the TOC: You should definitely try to get a peek at the marketing support guide that existing franchisees use. Whereas a lot of this content might be too sensitive to hand out to prospective franchisees, the franchisor should be able to give you at least the table of contents, which will give you a solid overview of the blueprint used to market the brand and product.
5) Seek Out Other Franchisees: Be sure to ask other franchisees specific questions about sales, the best avenues of advertising, and what the franchisor might change about the marketing plan (if any). As you've undoubtedly deduced, you can determine a lot about your franchising potential by gauging current franchisees' levels of satisfaction with the marketing strategies dictated by the franchisor.
6) Learn whether the Franchise is Receptive to Franchisee Input: For the most part, franchisors grant their franchisees some leverage in the creation of their marketing plans. Find out how much say franchisees generally have regarding marketing plan improvements. Also, find out whether or not strategies and/or ideas they've suggested have been recognized and utilized by the franchisor - this will give you a good idea about the amount of creative breathing room you'd have in marketing plan development.
Franchise Marketing - What Does the Franchisor Do?
Keeping a steady flow of customers is a task for any franchise owner. You want to keep your current customers and start getting new ones if you want to be a successful franchise owner. Chances are your franchisor provides you with some forms of marketing or advertising. However that may not be enough for you. So, if you have already tried doing a few small things to increase your business you may want to look at some other ways to advertise for your franchise at the next level. With such a growing market there are many ways to advertise for your business, but check out a couple things you could do to step it up a notch!
You could create a television ad for your franchise. A great way to reach customers is by creating a television advertisement. You will need to make sure that you create something suited for what you are promoting and make it interesting. Also make sure that when choosing a channel or channels that you choose appropriately. If you have an auto body shop it would be wise to put it on a channel that shows car shows. However, you will not reach a huge market since it will be limited to those who watch t.v, and then to those who watch the channel you choose.
You may also decide to go to the radio to reach your customers! A local radio will most likely let you do a radio ad yourself or they can do it for you. You want someone who has a great and exciting voice, however not annoying, for the radio ad. If the voice is not interesting your potential customer will most likely not listen. Also having a catchy saying or song will help since the customer may get it in their head.
Have you considered a billboard to advertise for your franchise? This is a great idea since so many people drive by them each day. You will be able to reach a wide variety of people. If you decide to do this you need to consider location. You want your billboard to be somewhere lots of people will pass it and also near your franchise location. Also you should consider is making the advertisement catchy, usually something funny will work. Make sure it is also appealing to the eye as far as colors, and what you decide to put on it.
And, don't forget about your local newspaper when you advertise your franchise. This is a great way to reach potential customers. When doing this you should check with the paper on the best days for putting an ad out, a day with the highest number of readers. Also you should run the ad for at least 3-4 weeks since that will gain people's attention seeing it more than once. It is important that you choose a good section of the paper to put the ad in.
All of these are great ways to promote your franchise and start getting new customers to check out what you're offering! You will soon be on your way to big success if you utilize as many forms of advertising as you possibly can.
Franchise Marketing - What Does the Franchisor Do?
Businesses are realizing that they require a marketing agency that takes a holistic approach to their online web presence and digital marketing strategy.
Contact us today to learn more about Marketing your Franchise Business.
Franchise Web Design Estimates Stokesdale